1. Discuss each principle of Culturally and Linguistically Responsive, Developmentally-Appropriate Practice and how you think the images provided in the video exemplify each principle:
- All children can learn
- Young children’s learning is varied
- Young children are active and multimodal meaning makers
- Young children’s language practices are diverse, fluid, and flexible
- Young children’s sociocultural contexts are assets and valuable resources for learning
- Young children learn and develop within the context of caring and reciprocal relationships
- Young children are critical thinkers and inquirers
2. What other examples can you provide of how these principles can be/are enacted?
3. What changes might you make to your own teaching to embed these principles in your own practice? Give examples.
4. What kinds of resources/supports do you need to make these principles come alive in your classroom/school? Ie., materials, policies, professional development, etc.
©All Rights Reserved, The High Quality Early Learning Project, 2016-2020.